In 2011, the Creative Entrepreneurs Association sought to reward Initiative, Talent, Creativity and Entrepreneurship across the creative industries, recognising the central role they play in the development of a competitive and sustainable creative economy. With the Support of the British Council we were able to achieve our goals, seeing Wale Adenuga of Wale Adenuga Productions and Pefti Institute Crowned as Creative Entrepreneur of the year 2012.
One of the key objectives of this programme is to sensitize the Nigerian Creative Sector to the opportunities that abound in Nigeria, while showcasing and rewarding those that have taken the bull by the horn.
The Creative Industry Awards team is continuing this trend in 2012 to showcase and celebrate creative entrepreneurs who have set standards in their respective fields.
Suitable candidates are hereby invited to nominate themselves or nominate others they are convinced are eligible for the Creative Industry Awards.
The award is open to all Nigerian Entrepreneurs in the Creative Industry above the age of 21yrs old that have been running a business for at least two years principally. They must demonstrate their potential to be a leader of the creative industry through their character, drive and abilities.
Nomination categories, procedures and forms are now available for download at www.creative-nigeria.org . All properly filled forms must be submitted by 7th Of November. Nominees in each category will be announced on the 12th of November after a successful screening by our panel of judges .
This Award has ‘11’ categories including the overall winner that will be declared the Creative Entrepreneur of the year 2012.
1. Visual Arts (Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Antique)
2. Performing Arts (Live Music, Dance, Theatre, DJ)
3. Comedy (Stand Up Comedy, TV Comedy Shows, Comedy Films)
4. Music (Record label, Production Houses, Artiste Management, Marketers
5. Film (Production Houses, Producers, Marketers)
6. Publishing (Books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals)
7. Audio Visual (Television, Radio)
8. New Media (Software Developers, Bloggers, Website Designers)
9. Creative Service (Architecture, Advertising)
10. Fashion (Clothes Manufacturers, Fashion Houses, Boutiques)
11. Creative Entrepreneur of the year 2012 (To be picked for the 10 winners of the above categories)
For questions or enquiries pls contact: Yemisi Mafe: +234-08033-544825, Ife Adediran: +234-07035-686227, Or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org