After a thorough reading and selection process, the three judges – Jayne Bauling, Onyeka Nwelue and Myne Whitman have turned in the six best short stories. The entries were blind-judged: the details of each applicant were removed before they were sent to the judges. Congratulations to writers whose stories made it to the shortlist
The shortlist was chosen from 65 entries, received from writers in from South Africa, Botswana, India, Morocco and (most of the entries came in from) Nigeria.
The six shortlisted stories are:
1. An Opportunity From Above – Ekene Noel Ezeagulu
2. Small Head – Oyebanji Ayodele
3. The New Word – Cuba Ukoh
4. Watching and Hoping – Efembe Eke
5. Portrait of a Mad Woman – Adeola Salan
6. When Grandpa Came to Stay – Remi-Roy Oyeyemi
The judges shall announce the two final winners after two weeks.
No comments yet.