The Short Story is designed to showcase the best short stories from around the world. The idea is simple. Submit your story to us and you will automatically enter The Short Story competition. Deadline for submissions is September 15th 2012.
Three cash prizes will be awarded.
- First prize: £300
- Second prize: £150
- Third prize: £50
- Please take time to read these guidelines. If you don’t, the dolly will be out of the pram before we even start to read your story. No-one wants that.
- Word limit: 1,000-5,000 (maximum).
- Email your story as a Word document or pdf.
- Font size: 12 point, Times New Roman or Arial, preferably.
- No fancy fonts.
- No poetry, novel chapters, sci-fi, fantasy or stories for children.
- Put your name, email address and telephone number at the footer of each page.
- Page numbers are important. Make sure each page is numbered consecutively.
- Submissions by email only. We do not accept snail mail or hard copies.
- Only one story allowed per person. We do not accept simultaneous submissions. Pick your best one and send it to us.
- This competition is only open to people over the age of 18.
- All submissions must be original and unpublished.
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com